Each of the categories below includes a short description of the award and some of the criteria the judges will be looking for when shortlisting the candidates. In your statement, please answer each of the questions for your chosen category in 250 words or less. Links to the nomination forms are at the bottom of the page.
Outstanding Individual Award
Open to all members of staff and volunteers, this award is for an exceptional individual as nominated by their colleagues and the people we support. We are looking for someone who consistently performs well above expectations and clearly promotes and adopts Cornerstone’s values. In your nomination, please answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to nominate this individual?
- Give an example of how this individual’s work and/or contribution has made a difference, whether it be to their team, the people they support or the organisation.
- How does this individual’s attitude and actions reflect Cornerstone’s values and aims?
Outstanding Team Award
This award recognises the work of an outstanding operational or business support team. Our staff and the people we support are invited to nominate both operational and non-operational teams who they feel have delivered that little bit extra. In your nomination, please answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to nominate this team?
- Please give an example of how this team have worked together to help Cornerstone deliver the best possible service and achieve our aim of enabling the people we support to enjoy a valued life?
- What do you believe is the key to the success of this staff team?
Cornerstone Supporter of the Year
This award recognises the outstanding efforts of our staff and volunteers show to Cornerstone in their free time. It offers an opportunity for us to recognise those local champions, who through their efforts, have provided significant support our charitable work through fundraising or voluntary work.
Judges will be looking for an individual who acts as an excellent ambassador for Cornerstone in their community. In your nomination, please answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to nominate this individual for this award?
- How has this individual shown an exceptional commitment and involvement to supporting our work through fundraising activity or voluntary work for Cornerstone?
- For fundraisers: How much money did they raise? How was the money used and how have their activities raised the profile of Cornerstone?
- For volunteers: How long has this individual been volunteering with Cornerstone and what activities do they do? How has their commitment and contribution made a difference to Cornerstone?
Inclusion Champion Award
At Cornerstone, we are committed to inclusion and strive to include the people we support at every level of our service delivery. For this award, we are looking for an inclusion champion, someone who champions the voices of the people we support - ensuring they are heard both within Cornerstone and within their local community. They will help the people we support to be empowered to influence the issues that affect them. Nominations are invited from all at Cornerstone, including the people we support. In your nomination, please answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to nominate this person for this award?
- Give an example of how this individual has championed inclusion for the people we support in their community.
This award allows the families of the people we support to nominate a team or individual who has shown exceptional dedication to supporting their family member. In your nomination, please answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen to nominate this individual or team?
- How has this individual’s or team’s dedication and support made a difference to the life of your family?
Nick Baxter Award
A special award that recognises an individual’s devotion to helping Cornerstone achieve our aim of 'enabling the people we support to live a valued life.'
For this award judges are looking for a long-serving individual or team which has demonstrated a consistent and loyal approach to improving the quality of life of the people they directly or indirectly support. In your nomination, please answer the following questions:
- What is the length of service for the team or individual?
- In this time how have they demonstrated their commitment to the future of Cornerstone?
- How have they developed excellent working relationships with their peers, external stakeholders and those they support?
The CNR International Innovation Award
For this award we are looking for Cornerstone’s innovators – the operational or non operational member of staff or team, who have demonstrated originality in developing a creative solution to a particular need. Going beyond good practice, judges will be looking for someone who has gone that extra mile and used their creativity to change and improve a Cornerstone service or department. In your nomination, please answer the following questions:
- Why have you chosen this individual for the CNR Innovation Award?
- Please describe how this individual has creatively solved an operational or business need and how the solution was implemented?
- What are the benefits of this solution?