Kili Challenge Fitness Programme - A video guide to the exercises contained in the downloadable pack below.
Reaching the summit will definitely be a challenge and it is recommended that you are physically fit before attempting the challenge. You will be walking for between 4 - 7 hours each day with the exception of day 8 which will be the longest trek, walking for between 16-18 hours.
Do not let this put you off, there is plenty of time to put in any necessary training and if it was going to be easy would people sponsor you...?
If you feel you are not currently active enough we recommend that you start training sooner rather than later and gradually develop your fitness. While the best training for you is regular hill-walking, other forms of aerobic exercises will help develop your fitness. Should you find getting to the hills difficult we have the following 8 week fitness program, kindly created by Warehouse Health Club*, to help improve your fitness and confidence.
Tip: if you highlight how much training you are putting in, people tend to donate a little bit more generously.
There are a few things you should consider before training as this may affect your training/participation.
- Do you have any conditions that may be made worse by physical activity such as bone or joint problems?
- Do you suffer from loss of balance, feeling faint or dizziness?
- Do you have a heart condition or fell pains in your chest/heart?
- Do you have/have you ever had high blood pressure?
- Are you taking/will you be taking any prescription medications for conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart problems or diabetes?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are there any other issues that could occur from physical activity?
If you answered yes to any of the following questions, we highly reccomend you talk to your doctor before considering this challenge any further. Remember, there is always the 2015 Kili Challenge!!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 0141 5507580.
*Warehouse Health Club
20 Mearns Street
Aberdeen AB15 5AT