Employment Service Video Case Study - Julie Pert
Encouraging people with disabilities to achieve their goals, while increasing diversity in the workplace.
Cornerstone’s Employment Service provides advice and training for people with disabilities and additional support needs to enable them to gain employment.
Currently supporting over 250 people, our Employment Service aims to reduce the very high levels of exclusion within the workplace experienced by many people with disabilities.
Working closely with the people we support, carers and potential employers we identify appropriate work placements for each person and take a personalised approach to allow each individual to achieve their goals.
The employment service offers a range of support:
• An individually tailored service, this includes help with: CVs, applications, interviews, further training and ongoing support when you start working
• The opportunity to develop experience through Cornerstone’s social firms and projects
• Structured support through Work Choice
• Support to understand your benefits situation and the advantages of working
The benefits for employers
The employment of people with disabilities not only benefits the people Cornerstone supports, but also encourages the interaction and inclusion of people with disabilities on a professional and social level. Benefits include:
- Increased diversity in the workforce
- New ways of thinking
- Keen and reliable employees
- Advice on recent legislation
- Positive publicity generated by Cornerstone's Marketing & Communications Department
- Training for the workforce on topics such as diversity awareness
- Less expensive option than advertising vacancies
Please contact our Employment Services Manager, Alan McGinness on 01236 747998 or email firstname.lastname@example.org